Create vibrant sea turtles with this art lesson plan using crayons and watercolor.
- Use a pencil and tracer to create an oval on the sheet of paper.
- Draw four flippers, a tail, and a head off of the body. Add additional details to the head such as eyes.
- Draw the design on the shell of the turtle. See page one for more detailed instructions.
- Color the shell with crayons. Add color to the head, flippers, and tail as well. White should be added to the eyes to allow them to remain white in case any watercolor drips on the face.
- Paint around the turtle with watercolor, filling all of the background space.
GREAT TIP! Three easy steps to create the shell design:
- Draw an arrow pointing at the head and another arrow pointing at the tail.
- Connect the two arrows with lines to create a hexagon.
- From each corner of the hexagon, draw a line to the edge of the circle.
From the Blog
Art Teachers Who Wear Their Students’ Creations: Part 1 Miranda Meeks is an art educator at Caldwell County Middle School...
NAEA 2019 was another outstanding conference. With a record 5,000+ in attendance, we were thrilled to meet so many incredible...
Here at Art to Remember, we love witnessing how one great idea can transform an entire community through the power...