Mystery Pattern Picture
Students will learn how to incorporate patterns into their artwork and utilize shapes and colors.
- Choose a geometric shape such as a circle, rectangle, square or triangle. Draw it very large on your paper in pencil, leaving at least an inch margin on top and bottom.
- Draw your first name or initials within the geometric shape.
- Decide what you want your shape to be about. Be creative! A rectangle could be a van, house or billboard. A circle could be a fish, a planet in outer space, or a ball. Create an interesting background for your shape.
- Create repeat patterns and draw them in the spaces between your name.
- Color with markers or colored pencil. Outline areas you would like to emphasize.
- Print name legibly on the front of the paper (at least an inch from the edge so the name will not be cut off).