Mystery Pattern Picture
Students will learn how to incorporate patterns into their artwork and utilize shapes and colors.
Discuss and look at patterns - what makes each pattern unique?
- Choose a geometric shape such as a circle, rectangle, square or triangle. Draw it very large on your paper in pencil, leaving at least an inch margin on top and bottom.
- Draw your first name or initials within the geometric shape.
- Decide what you want your shape to be about. Be creative! A rectangle could be a van, house or billboard. A circle could be a fish, a planet in outer space, or a ball. Create an interesting background for your shape.
- Create repeat patterns and draw them in the spaces between your name.
- Color with markers or colored pencil. Outline areas you would like to emphasize.
- Print name legibly on the front of the paper (at least an inch from the edge so the name will not be cut off).
Share this Lesson Plan
Lesson Plan Rating