Are you looking for creative art license renewal options? Or classes that might aid in salary advancement? Or better yet, working towards a Master’s Degree in Art?
The Art of Education has an innovated online approach. Recently Natalie Gast, AOE Intern, shared findings for the state of Indiana, however their program reach is global.
CAN ART TEACHERS FROM INDIANA USE AOE CLASSES FOR LICENSE RENEWAL?
– Indiana requires 90 hours every 5 years for license renewal.
– Indiana art educators can take AOE Classes for Graduate Credit to count towards license renewal, since AOE Classes are HLC (Higher Learning Commission) Accredited through Morningside College, in Sioux City, IA.
– Indiana art educators are also able to elect to take AOE Classes for No Credit at a reduced rate. These Classes will still count toward clock hours, but not at the graduate level.
– All AOE Classes are equivalent to 40 clock hours per credit. In order to log all of your hours necessary for license renewal, you would only need to earn 4 credits (two 2-credit Classes) to meet your minimum requirements. If you select the No Credit option, the total cost would be $400. If you select the Grad Credit option, the total cost would be $1,000.
CAN ART TEACHERS FROM INDIANA USE AOE CLASSES FOR SALARY ADVANCEMENT?
– In Indiana, AOE Classes are generally accepted for salary advancement.
– Whether or not you have to earn graduate credit for salary advancement is up to your specific school district. Please check with your administrator before signing up.
– If your school accepts non-credit clock hours for salary advancement, you can take our online classes for No Credit. This options allows you to earn 40 contact hours per credit. You will receive an Official Certificate of Course Completion which you receive within 2 weeks after the class has concluded.
– Our No Credit option is $100/credit vs. the $250/credit Graduate Credit option. So, for example, the 2-Credit course “Autism and Art” would cost $200 with the No Credit option, and $500 with the Graduate Credit option.)
CAN ART TEACHERS FROM INDIANA USE AOE CLASSES TO EARN CREDITS TOWARDS A MASTER’S DEGREE?
– All AOE Classes carry a 500 degree-level accreditation from the HLC (Higher Learning Commission).
– All AOE Classes are regionally and nationally accredited and accepted by most higher-learning institutions. We recommend you contact your college/university to verify transfer-ability.
For more information, visit the Art of Education www.theartofed.com/classes.
Please verify with your local state agency on exact requirements in your area. For the Indiana Department of Education, please contact www.doe.in.gov.