RESOURCES + MATERIALS
- Tempera paint
- Paint brush
- Pencil with eraser (to swirl the paint)
- Black Sharpie
- Place a small amount of paint in the center of the page. Students will use a paint brush to swirl it into a circle, creating the shell.
- Use the eraser end of a pencil to create a swirl in the paint when it is still wet. Allow the paint to dry completely before moving onto step three.
- Draw the snail with pencil first and then outline the pencil with a Sharpie marker.
- Add a horizon line, background images and details to the snail.
- Color in the white space with crayons.
Download This Lesson Plan