RESOURCES + MATERIALS
- Pencils, crayons, or watercolors
- Paintbrushes, water bowls
- Decide on the composition that you would like to do in the impressionist style and sketch in guidelines lightly in pencil. You can choose from still life, portrait, landscape, or a floral.
- Working from light to dark, create the background. Use several colors in a variety of shades.
- Use a variety of contrasting colors to emphasize your focal point or center of interest.
- Print name legibly on the front of the paper (at least an inch from the edge so the name will not be cut off).