RESOURCES + MATERIALS
- Books or magazines about animals in their natural habitats, like National Geographic
- Tempera paint
- Semi-moist watercolors
- Discuss different animals from various geographical areas. Have them choose animals that are protected, extinct animals, arctic animals or whatever animals they are interested in.
- Draw the animal lightly in pencil as the focal point of your picture. Create an interesting background.
- Wash the sky and land in very light watercolor. Use several shades for each area.
- Color the animals and areas you want to highlight. Add details such as grass, clouds and trees.