This fall, we jumped at the opportunity to partner with The Sycamore School in Indianapolis for Indy Do Day. Occurring over a few days in September, Indy Do Day encourages people to get out into their community, meet their neighbors and perform acts of service. Eli Lilly and Keep Indianapolis Beautiful organized Indy Do Day, which launched great events like this around the city.
For The Sycamore school/Art to Remember project, an awesome group of students from The Sycamore School beautified a section of Broad Ripple by picking up trash and painting a HUGE chalk mural with the reminder “Indy is our home. Let’s keep it clean.”
Dave and Sarah Anderson, the local artists that designed the mural, are truly two of the best!
The project turned into a community-wide event through the support of all the local sponsors:
- BRICS generously donated coffee and ice cream
- The Bungalow shared their facilities and water
- Lowe’s provided supplies at cost
- Harold Lee donated gloves
- The Sycamore School, their students, and parents donated their time and had the perfect can-do attitude
If you are in the Indy area, head to IndyDoDay.org to see where all the 2017 events occurred or sign up for next year’s event!