Start by discussing simple machines and force and demonstrate how to build a simple robot.
- Slip the rubber band around the cup.
- Pick three markers that make a nice color grouping and slip them under the rubber band with the cap pointing down.
- Adjust the markers to act as legs, holding the cup up. Secure markers with tape (you should still be able to remove lids when needed).
- Balance motorized object evenly across or inside of the cup and tape securely. When turned on, your robot should vibrate, jump, or move without falling over on a level surface.
- Take off all three marker caps and place robot on paper. Turn on and watch it draw! Continue until paper is decorated.
- Shift environment to manipulate robot.
- When finished, you may want to sketch in a silhouette in pencil, then trace in permanent marker. Afterward, brush paper with water or watercolors to see the robot’s patterns and lines swirl into beautiful strokes.
From the Blog
You can add additional artists to organize all of the art in your free Art to Remember digital art gallery....
We scoured the internet for the best arts and crafts projects for Mother’s Day. This post is for you if...
Cinco de Mayo (“The Fifth of May” in Spanish) is a national holiday in Mexico and also widely celebrated in...