Art to Remember’s mission is to support and promote art education and our art-based school fundraising programs are the primary manner in which we pursue our mission. In order to efficiently and effectively run our programs and raise funding for art education, we collect certain information from participating schools, Parents, Artists, and other participants.Information Collected
- Class Lists. We collect a “Class List” from each school participating in an Art to Remember fundraiser. Class Lists are submitted by School Coordinators and may include the name and homeroom teacher of each participating Artist. For schools that have policies prohibiting providing full names, School Coordinators may submit a modified Class List which only provides an Artist’s first name and last initial, last name and first initial, or unique codes for each Artist. School Coordinators are encouraged to provide at least first names because it enhances the experience for the Artists and their families and drives better fundraising results for the school.
- Artwork. Art to Remember also uses the Class Lists to generate labels for each participating Artist. These labels are sent to the applicable school for their use in submitting Artists’ artwork. These labels are placed on the back of each Artist’s artwork delivered to Art to Remember to identify the Artist for each artwork.
- Orders and Online Ordering. Art to Remember also uses the Class Lists and artwork to create personalized order forms and/or online order codes for each Artist. Personalized order forms (which include unique online order codes for each Artist) are delivered to schools and distributed by the schools to the Artists for ordering purposes. Parents or other authorized Users complete an order by providing the information requested which includes personally identifiable information such as name, email address, phone number, ship to address, billing name and address, and credit card number and expiration date.
- Artist’s Information. Art to Remember cannot control what information is submitted by School Coordinators or Parents. Except as set forth above, we will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information about children without obtaining parental consent.
- Information Under School’s Control. Once these labels, order forms, or online order codes are in a school’s or Parent’s possession, Art to Remember cannot control further distribution or disclosure of such information and it is the school’s and/or Parent’s sole responsibility to maintain the privacy of any such information.
We only work with schools and organizations which have agreed to work with Art to Remember to promote and support their art education programs. School Coordinators and Parents from participating schools may voluntarily submit the artwork of their Artists to Art to Remember for the purpose of participating in an Art to Remember fundraising program. Art to Remember claims no copyright in any artwork submitted and will never use artwork for any purpose other than running its school fundraising programs without the written permission of an Artist’s Parent.
Art to Remember may provide bulletin boards, blogs, or other public discussion forums on the Website. An authorized User may voluntarily choose to submit personally identifiable data to such forums. Any personally identifiable information You choose to submit in such a forum may be read, collected, or used by others who visit these forums, and may be used to send You unsolicited messages or for other purposes outside of Art to Remember’s control. Art to Remember is not responsible for the personally identifiable information You choose to submit in these forums.
Art to Remember’s service providers, such as those parties providing hosting services, may have certain access to information in relation to such services, but Art to Remember does not share the personal information we collect with any companies except as provided in this Policy. We may occasionally invite Users to take part in surveys, promotions, contests and sweepstakes. The information we collect from these surveys, promotions, contests and sweepstakes may be matched with individual User accounts and used by Art to Remember to improve your overall customer experience, and may be shared with select third parties, but only if You voluntarily choose to participate.
The Website may contain links to other websites for news and other information. This Policy only applies to the Website. Art to Remember cannot and does not control and is not responsible for the practices of other companies or the content of other websites which are linked to or integrated with the Website. You should check the privacy policies of any third party site before providing your personal information to them. See our Terms and Conditions for additional information.
Art to Remember uses the information we collect to create personalized order forms, online order codes, and pages on our online ordering website, and to enhance the content with which You interact, fulfill orders, contact You, improve our fundraising programs and customer service, and for other internal business purposes in accordance with our mission.
We use third party personally identifiable information you provide to us solely to provide services you specifically request.
For example, sharing your artwork via the “Share” functionality on our e-commerce site is a great way to share Artist’s artwork with friends and family and raise additional funding for your school. Art to Remember’s Share functionality enables you to send an email invitation to selected recipients who can then view the artwork and purchase keepsake products featuring that artwork. This invitation email would contain a web link directing that recipient to create their own account in order to view or purchase products from your artwork. The email also may include information about special promotional offers from Art to Remember and/or carefully-screened third parties. We do not use the email addresses submitted to our website to send any type of direct marketing to your friends and family. Of course, if a friend or family member signs up with Art to Remember or we receive their email address from another unrelated source, we may communicate with them in accordance with this Policy.
We use anonymous information, such as that pertaining to IP addresses and web pages You have viewed in order to analyze trends, track user movement, provide a better website experience and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We do not use this data in a manner that would identify You personally.
We understand and respect that not all Users may want to allow us to share any information with other select companies. If You do not want Art to Remember to share your customer information, please immediately email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. When contacting us, please include your request, name, mailing address, email address and phone number.
However, under the following circumstances, we may still be required to share your personal information:
- If we respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process, or if we need to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
You may edit your account information. You can opt in or out of receiving future communications of special offers and new product information, or You can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages You receive. We reserve the right to send You communications relating to the services Art to Remember provides, such as service announcements and administrative messages, which are considered part of your account membership. You cannot opt-out from receiving those messages, but You may terminate your account at any time.
We use secure sockets layer (SSL) to encrypt your personal information during the checkout phase of the ordering process. We also have other physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that reasonably comply with ordinary industry practices and federal regulations to protect the security and confidentiality of the personal information we collect and to prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of any personal information.
If You have any questions about or suggestions for this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at 800-895-8777.
If believe that your rights under any laws are or may be being violated, please promptly let us know so that we can help identify any possible issues. To help us quickly research the matter, please send us (a) the name of the person who thinks their (or their Artist’s) rights are being violated, (b) a description of the claimed violation, (c) information that will direct us to evidence of such claimed violation, and (d) contact information so that we can correspond with you on the matter. Please send the above information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Art to Remember is based in the United States, and our offices are headquartered in the United States. Please be aware that information You provide to us and the data that we may collect as a result of your use of the Website will be processed in and transferred to the United States and be subject to United States law. The privacy and data protection laws in the United States may not be equivalent to such laws in your country of residence. By using the Website, You consent to this collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the United States.