RESOURCES + MATERIALS
- Books about tropical birds or the rain forest
- Pencils, markers or tempera paints
- Draw the bird lightly in pencil surrounded by colorful flowers, plants and trees. Draw the bird as large as possible so that it is the focal point or center of interest.
- Color your picture using saturated, exotic colors like bright orange, lemon yellow, hot pink, lime green and peacock blue. Contrast light against dark for emphasis.
- Outline in black for emphasis.
- Print name legibly on the front of the paper (at least an inch from the edge so the name will not be cut off).