RESOURCES + MATERIALS
- Black ink or black watercolor
- Book “Super Simple Sumi-e” by Yvonne Palka
- First sketch in pencil very lightly the parts of your animal. Then have kiddos stop.
- Discuss painting in gray with the tippy toe of your brush for thin lines. Paint the outline.
- As a class, use black to create each appropriate limb, eyes, etc. It is fast!
- The most important part is to stop when it is done! Students might like to freely paint the frame around their picture to look like a design, bamboo, fish, etc. for the end of class.
- Print name legibly on the front of the paper (at least an inch from the edge so the name will not be cut off).