RESOURCES + MATERIALS
- Rubber band
- Washable markers
- Small, motorized object
- Waxed paper cups
- Watercolor paint
- Slip the rubber band around the cup.
- Pick three markers that make a nice color grouping and slip them under the rubber band with the cap pointing down.
- Adjust the markers to act as legs, holding the cup up. Secure markers with tape (you should still be able to remove lids when needed).
- Balance motorized object evenly across or inside of the cup and tape securely. When turned on, your robot should vibrate, jump, or move without falling over on a level surface.
- Take off all three marker caps and place robot on paper. Turn on and watch it draw! Continue until paper is decorated.
- Shift environment to manipulate robot.
- When finished, you may want to sketch in a silhouette in pencil, then trace in permanent marker. Afterward, brush paper with water or watercolors to see the robot’s patterns and lines swirl into beautiful strokes.