RESOURCES + MATERIALS
- Sharpie markers (optional)
- Paint the background first and let dry.
- While paint is drying, students can begin sketching ideas for the foreground.
- On top of the background, students can pencil in the silhouette image. (Another option is cutting out the design on another paper and allowing students to trace it onto the background.) Then trace in black permanent marker for a crisp edge, and paint the foreground shape in black.
- Print name legibly on the front of the paper (at least an inch from the edge so the name will not be cut off).