RESOURCES + MATERIALS
- Pictures of different bugs
- Crayons (with paper removed)
- Draw your composition lightly in pencil. Make sure students fill up the paper sheet of paper with color. Draw large! Geometric shapes can be used to draw a bug, like a beetle, by drawing a circle for the head and eyes, an oval for the thorax, and an oval shape for the abdomen. Add additional lines and shapes for patterns.
- Add color. Use colors that are vibrant and contrast. Do not use metallic or neon colors because they do not reprint well.
- Outline in black markers for emphasis.
- Print name legibly on the front of the paper (at least an inch from the edge so the name will not be cut off).